Dr. Xu is a recipient of "President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching" of Wayne State University in 2002 and "Career Development Chair Award" in 2003.
- Postdoc Fellowships and Graduate Research Assistantships are available. Interested students please contact Dr. Xu for further information.
- Research Opportunities for Undergraduates: Wayne State was recently awarded an NSF REU Site program on Telematics and Cyber-Physical Systems; see announcement for program details and application instruction.
News and Updates:
- Congratulations to Minghua Xu on passing his PhD defense (August 30, 2010). The title of his dissertation is "Filter scheduling function model in Internet servers."
- Awarded an NSF grant on "FEMA: Fault Event Modeling and Analysis for Proactive Failure Management" (9/2010-8/2013).
- Dr. Xu gave a lightning talk on "Cloud Management" in CloudCamp at Detroit, May 26, 2010. More than 100 IT professionals attended the Detroit's first-ever cloud camp and local WWJ radio covered this event.
- Dr. Xu gave a keynote speech on "Cloud Computing: Opportunities and Challenges" to FCST'09 in Shanghai, China on December 18, 2009. See here for talk slides.
- Dr. Xu was awarded a visiting professorship by Beijing Post and Telecommuniction University on December 21, 2009. Following the ceremony, he gave a talk to hundreds of students on "Cloud Computing: Opportunities and Challenges."
- Dr. Xu gave a panel talk on "Cloud computing makes IT cool" to ICPP'09 in Vienna, Austria in September 2009.
- Awarded an NSF grant on "ACM/URL: Unified Reinforcement Learning for Autonomic Cloud Management" (9/2009-8/2012).
- Dr. Xu delivered a keynote speech on "Autonomic Cloud Management: A Machine Learning Approach " to Infoscale'09 conference in Hong Kong in June 2009.
- Dr. Xu delivered a keynote speech on "Cloud Computing and Autonomic Management" to WoGTA'08 conference in Taiwan in December 2008.
- Recent Funded Research Projects (show the list | hide )
- Scalable and Secure Internet Services and Architecture , Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, ISBN 1-58488-377-4, June 2005.
- Load Balancing in Parallel Computers: Theory and Practice , Kluwer Academic/Springer Verlag, ISBN 0-7923-9819-X, November 1996
- Selected Publications (
By Topics ||
List in DBLP by year )
Google Scholar Citations (author:"Cheng-Zhong Xu" OR "Chengzhong Xu" OR "CZ Xu")
- Most Recent Representative Publications ( show the list | hide )
CIC labpage for the team.
Dr. Xu continuously look for self-motivated and hard-working students to join force. Financial support is available for those who have demonstrated a passion for their work.