Scalable and Secure Internet Services and Architecture
Cheng-Zhong Xu, Ph.D.
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Wayne State University
Detroit, Michigan USA
This book provides an in depth analysis of many key scaling technologies. Topics include: server clusters and load balancing; QoS-aware resource management; server capacity planning; Web caching and prefetching; P2P overlay network; mobile code and security; and mobility support for adaptive grid computing.
The book discusses each topic by first defining a problem,
then reviewing current representative approaches for solving it. It then describes in detail the underlying principles of the technologies and the application of these principles, along with balanced coverage of concepts and engineering trade-offs. The book demonstrates the effectiveness of the technologies via rigorous mathematical modeling and analysis, simulation, and practical implementations. It blends technologies in a unified framework for scalable and secure Internet services, delivering a systematic treatment based upon the authorís cutting-edge research experience.
This volume describes in breadth and depth advanced scaling technologies that support media streaming, e-commerce, grid computing, personalized content delivery, distributed file sharing, network management, and other Internet applications.
See Preface and
Contents for more information about the book.
- Offers an overview of scalable and secure Internet services and architecture
- Provides researchers with a thorough understanding of major issues, current practices, and remaining problems in the field
- Discusses design space and engineering trade-offs of scalability and security for developers who are designing Internet services
- Describes technologies that are applicable to real-world problems facing designers
- Covers numerous software packages that the author developed to accompany his published research
See CRC Press
for more catalog data, and
Barnes and Noble
for on-line purchase information.
Roadmap to the Book